Protective Services Officer
BG Protective Services Officer
Protective Services, Community Safety
The Pas MB, Thompson MB, Portage la Prairie MB, Brandon MB
Advertisement Number: 37118
Salary(s): BG $17.86 – $20.77 per hour
Closing Date: March 5, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
For selected candidates, a mandatory unpaid training program of approximately one week (full days Monday to Friday) is required.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Internal Security Check
- A full class 5 (5F) Manitoba Driver’s License and valid security license
- Emergency First Aid / CPR (Level C) Certificate and Automated External Defibrillators (AED) Certification
- Ability to work rotating shifts encompassing a 24 hours / 7 day schedule including extended shifts and short notice call ins is required
- Satisfactory Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Experience working in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to take accurate and complete notes
- Ability to work under pressure and manage stress effectively
- Effective problem solving and sound judgment skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Experience in security or law enforcement or an appropriate combination of directly related training and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of Security practices, principles and related legislation, policies and procedures
- Commitment to continuous learning and the ability to adapt to change
Reporting to the Security Supervisor, the Protective Services Officer by virtue of authority gained through applicable Legislative Acts, preserves and maintains the public peace in / on all government facilities. The Protective Services Officer works a rotating 24 hour / 7 day shift schedule and provides security services for all government buildings and associated grounds, towards prevention of accidental damage, vandalism, illegal intrusion and / or other occurrences such as theft, unauthorized use of property, etc., in association with local law enforcement agencies, fire departments and building maintenance staff.
Advertisement # 37118
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source