1 Regular Full-Time
Agassiz Youth Centre, Community Safety
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 36654
Salary(s): . $2,755.13 – $3,248.47 bi-weekly Plus Qualification Pay, if applicable.
Closing Date: October 13, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Consider a career in Correctional Nursing – This unique opportunity will be of interest to a dynamic and broadly-experienced nurse who would like to become a member of a professional medical unit that provides assessment and treatment to clients within a correctional environment.
We offer a competitive salary. We have a substantial benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan (pension plan has a reciprocal transfer agreement which provides portability of accrued pension benefits and service between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and eligible employers). You may also qualify for additional education and relocation assistance from the Nurses Recruitment and Retention Fund.
Agassiz Youth Centre (AYC) is located in Portage La Prairie. It is a minimum and medium security facility that has recently been expanded to accommodate medium security adult males.
AYC is currently searching for one Registered Psychiatric Nurses (RPN) to work on a full-time or term basis. The Incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Health Services Manager. Candidates are asked to consider the following before applying; work schedule includes days with the potential for some evening and weekend shifts. This environment is highly autonomous and requires nursing staff to work independently and in consultation with the contract psychiatrist. The successful candidate will have the ability to make critical decisions, utilize standards of practice, policy and procedure as well as access resources while working alone. This is a challenging, fast paced environment providing a unique experience not seen in traditional nursing roles.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Nursing Licensure with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM), the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM), or the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM).
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector, Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Internal Security Check
- CPR-HCP Certification
- Satisfactory Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends is required
- Experience performing clinical assessments and crisis intervention
- Experience with patient care planning for individuals experiencing mental illnesses
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working independently
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of working with psychotropic medication
- Experience in suicide prevention and intervention
- Experience in a similar environment such as emergency, medical, surgical or community programs
- Knowledge of communicable diseases, main signs and symptoms of alcohol or drug misuse
- Knowkedge of Indigenous culture
The incumbent will be a member of the health care team reporting to the Health Service Manager in a correctional centre.
Responsibilities include: Providing intervention and support to inmates experiencing psychiatric crisis or illness; implementing, monitoring, and revising psychiatric patient care plans and behavior modification plans for inmates. Triages and refers inmates to appropriate health care professionals; develops treatment plans for inmates; implements, assesses and refers to programs and interventions in cooperation with other professionals. As a member of the medical team, the incumbent must be able to work with considerable independence and without direct supervision. Some weekend and shift work may be required.
Advertisement # 36654
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source