Psychiatric Nursing Assistant (Underfill at SN1 Classification)
SN1 Psychiatric Nursing Assistant 1; SN2 Psychiatric Nursing Assistant 2
Until March 31, 2022 (subject for extension)
Department of Families
Manitoba Developmental Centre, Community Service Delivery
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 37046
Salary(s): SN1 $16.89 – $19.07 ; SN2 $17.96 – $21.76
Closing Date: August 3, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This competition will be used to establish an Eligibility List for full-time term and/or part-time term, or casual positions available at the Centre, subject to staffing approval. This Eligibility List will remain in effect for 12 months.
Psychiatric Nursing Assistants are hired on an underfill basis at the Psychiatric Nursing Assistant 1 (SN1) classification and provided with support, training and on-the-job development to achieve the full working level of the position at the Psychiatric Nursing Assistant 2 (SN2) classification. In order to progress to the full working level of this position, candidates must successfully complete the Advanced Psychiatric Nursing Assistant 2 in-house training program within a reasonable timeframe, work a designated number of hours and demonstrate satisfactory attendance and performance on the job. The work location of this position is at MDC in Portage la Prairie, MB.
Posting will be open until filled.
The Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), a branch of the Department of Families, located 45 minutes west of Winnipeg, is an accredited residential facility providing specialized care, supervision and developmental habilitation for adults with intellectual disabilities. On-site interdisciplinary teams provide a wide range of services to residents to ensure each individual’s needs are met and his/her quality of life is enhanced. We require multiple term full-time Psychiatric Nursing Assistants to work various 8-hour shifts inclusive of days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays consistent with a 24-hour operation as may be required.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position which include bending, twisting and/or lifting up to 14 kgs (30 lbs)
- Must be available for shifts consistent with a 24-hour/7-day a week operation
- Health Care Aide Certificate, or an equivalent combination of related education/training (e.g. in-house training program related to human service delivery) and experience
- Experience providing health and/or personal basic care and assistance with activities of daily living
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, colleagues, resident’s families and all members of the interdisciplinary team
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks within specified timeframes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to prepare various documents and reports
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities or mental health issues
- Knowledge of intellectual disabilities/mental health issues
- Basic computer proficiency
The incumbent participates as an active member of the interdisciplinary team that provides residents with supervision and guidance, assistance with personal care, comfort and support in going about daily living, as well as therapeutic and recreational activities in a safe manner as outlined in the Resident’s Individual Plan (IP). The position also assists in maintaining a safe, clean and orderly living environment.
Advertisement # 37046
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source