Public Education Coordinator
PM3 Policy and Program Analyst 3
Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth
Advertisement Number: 39247
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: May 29, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
The Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth (formerly the Office of the Children’s Advocate) is an independent officer of the Legislative Assembly and is independent of government. The Manitoba Advocate’s statutory mandate includes representing the rights, interests, and viewpoints of children, youth, and young adults receiving any designated or reviewable services as described under The Advocate for Children and Youth Act. The Manitoba Advocate also reviews and reports upon the standards and quality of those reviewable and designated services provided to children, youth, and young adults who have died, to enhance the safety and well-being of Manitoba children, youth, and young adults.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Prior Contact Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License, access to a vehicle, ability and willingness to travel throughout Manitoba
- Post-secondary degree in communication, journalism, business, public education or related discipline, and three to five years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- In-depth knowledge of human rights and social issues in Manitoba including poverty, mental health, addiction, justice, disabilities, sexual exploitation, and domestic violence.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with experience delivering presentations and creating multimedia content for a variety of audiences, including young people.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience preparing public-facing content, including reports, position papers, posters, brochures, letters, social media content, and youth-friendly materials or other original material.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills including the ability to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation methods and make recommendations for continuous program improvements.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategies, including but not limited to outreach, communication, education, and/or social media strategies.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities in tight deadlines.
- Experience leading collaborative projects with diverse groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and lead projects with diverse groups and external organizations.
- Strong understanding of the ongoing legacy of colonization and its impact on Indigenous Peoples, with commitment to anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices.
- Experience with social media content creation and management.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro; and Audacity, or equivalent.
- Bilingual in French or Indigenous languages
The Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth is looking for candidates who are willing to work on a flexible schedule to cover office demands and when travelling for work related purposes.
This position is a Public Education Coordinator within the Public Education department at the Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth. Under the direction of the Manager, Public Education, the incumbent will play a central role in developing and evaluating public education strategies, materials, including knowledge translation of special reports, multimedia initiatives, and social media content.
The incumbent may support all departments at the Manitoba Advocate offices with interdepartmental projects and committees. The Coordinator will be required to form strong working relationships with external organizations and may represent MACY on a variety of multi-sector working groups and committees.
Advertisement # 39247
Manitoba Legislative Assembly
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3R6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source