This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Public Education Coordinator
6XH Public Education Coordinator
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA)
Communications Department, Strategic Services and Public Affairs Unit
Advertisement Number: 40484
Salary(s): 6XH $63,813.00 – $75,274.00 per year The LGCA has a comprehensive pay and benefits package.
Closing Date: February 6, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE POSITION
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) regulates the province’s liquor, gaming, cannabis, and horse racing industries. We license liquor sales, service and manufacturing, gaming employees, products and operations; retail cannabis stores; and horse racing. We strive to serve the public interest by regulating these industries in a respectful, impartial, and balanced manner.
The LGCA is seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Communications Department, which is part of the Strategic Services and Public Affairs Unit. The Public Education Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating public education and information campaigns in support of LGCA’s social responsibility mandate.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
The successful candidate must have:
• A degree in communications, marketing, journalism, social sciences, or a related discipline; and three to five years’ experience developing public education campaigns and materials. A combination of education and experience may also be considered.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, clients and stakeholders.
• Excellent written communication skills with the ability to adapt to different audiences and media types.
• The ability to read and interpret research documents and translate information into practical approaches for public education.
• Strong personal initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity to seek and experiment with innovative solutions to communications challenges.
• Attention to detail, impartiality and sound judgment, with demonstrated problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated financial responsibility to manage program and campaign budgets.
• Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects while achieving high-quality results.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Demonstrated political acumen with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential materials and situations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft 365.
The following qualifications are desired:
• Proficiency in French.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
The Public Education Coordinator develops, implements, and evaluates evidence-based campaigns and programs to educate the public about the safe use and participation with liquor, cannabis, gambling, and horse racing. The incumbent works in collaboration with colleagues and external stakeholders to identify community and public engagement opportunities. As a member of the Communications team, the incumbent creates materials for traditional and social media, websites and other external communications. The incumbent works with creative agencies to collaborate on the development of materials, as well as with the government’s Communications and Engagement Division to research, budget, prepare and execute media plans.
• An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
• Applicants may be required to write a screening/selection exercise/test.
• Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
• Circumstances may arise where the competition may need to be withdrawn.
• A positive attendance record will be a consideration in the screening process.
• Satisfactory work performance in the preceding 12 months is required.
• A satisfactory criminal record check is a condition of employment.
The LGCA has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity leave top-up plan, family related leave and a defined benefit pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training, educational support and career development opportunities are also available.
Advertisement # 40484
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority
Human Resource Services
1055 Milt Stegall Drive
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 0Z6
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC SERVICE POSITION.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source