Public Fire Paramedic Program (PFPP) Program Administrator
X04 Administrative Officer 4
Manitoba Emergency Services College (MESC), Office of the Fire Commissioner
Advertisement Number: 39759
Salary(s): X04 $68,995.00 – $86,717.00 per year
Closing Date: September 30, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This competition may be used to establish an eligibility list to fill current and future regular and term full-time positions, subject to staffing approval. The eligibility list will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Office of the Fire Commissioner (OFC) provides the citizens of Manitoba with a variety of public safety services which include, but are not limited to, supporting municipalities’ emergency services, fire investigation and inspection, codes and standards enforcement and regulation, provincial response to emergencies too large for municipalities to handle, and the provision of education and training for emergency personnel. The OFC also provides emergency service to Manitobans through Ground Search and Rescue, Urban Search and Rescue, Incident Command in major emergencies or disasters.
As the premier leader in firefighter, paramedic and emergency services training, the Manitoba Emergency Services College (MESC) in Brandon, Manitoba, is the OFC’s arm in building, training and developing confident, competent firefighters, inspectors, investigators, instructors, officers and paramedics.
If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career, this is a great opportunity to join our team! The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, however in order to be considered for this opportunity, you must submit both the application form and your resume.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Must have a valid Manitoba class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Manitoba Class 4 driver`s license with air brake endorsement at the time of application.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Must be physically capable of wearing personal protective equipment, as required.
- Must be physically capable of wearing full turn-out gear and a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties and functions of the job, including lifting heavy objects, kneeling, standing, climbing stairs and ladders, working at heights and entering confined spaces in various temperatures.
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba, and occasionally throughout Canada and internationally.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as business administration, adult education, public safety or similar field. An equivalent combination of related post-secondary education/training and experience may be considered.
- Experience developing, designing, delivering and evaluating training programs.
- Experience in building, leading and motivating teams in a supervisory capacity.
- Ability to continuously improve and adapt job tasks and processes in response to organizational priorities.
- Experience developing policies, operating guidelines and/or procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the statutes, regulation, codes and standards and accreditation/certification requirements for emergency services education.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Strong written communication skills for drafting correspondence, reports, policies, procedures and briefing notes.
- Strong verbal communication skills for making presentations, conducting training sessions and facilitating meetings.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple or competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Certificate in Public Sector Management.
- Certification as Fire Officer II.
The Program Manager is responsible for the management of MESC educational programs, including the analysis, planning, research, implementation and evaluation of the programs within the context of the vision, mission and goals of the College. The position also provides policy support, participates in the interpretation and development of new legislation, regulations, policies and procedures and manages the day to day functions of MESC staff and students.
Advertisement # 39759
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source