Public Health Emergency Preparedness Coordinator
PM3 Planning and Program Analyst 3
Department of Health
Environmental Health and Emergency Preparedness, Population and Public Health
Advertisement Number: 40079
Salary(s): PM3 $68,995.00 – $86,717.00 per year
Closing Date: November 12, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Ability to work on call and outside of regular working hours based on operational need
- Post-secondary degree in Applied Disaster and Emergency Studies. An equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience in disaster management may be considered.
- Experience developing and implementing health disaster management approaches.
- Experience identifying, analyzing and developing policy recommendations for senior staff related to health disaster management.
- Extensive knowledge of disaster management theory and practice.
- Experience managing projects including maintaining work plans, timelines and deliverables.
- Strong problem-solving skills to manage difficult situations and resolve conflict in an environment of uncertainty.
- Strong organizational skills to meet a varied and demanding workload within a changing environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent written communication skills to produce complex written material for a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to clearly convey and present information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in emergency preparedness/disaster management at the community level and/or within the health sector.
The Public Health Emergency Preparedness Coordinator represents Manitoba Health within the health sector at the national, provincial and municipal levels by providing public health emergency expertise and ensuring preparedness and response activities are consistent within a common management framework. The incumbent will develop and implement health disaster management approaches, tools and templates, develop strategies and direction for the implementation of an All-Hazard Common Consequence Approach to health disaster management, and analyze and develop emergency and response related policy recommendations. This position will liaise with various stakeholder groups, organizations and committees, as well as provide information to support activities in emergency preparedness and response.
Advertisement # 40079
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source