Public Health Inspector
EO2 Environmental Officer 2
Open until filled
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Environmental Health, Health Protection Unit
Advertisement Number: 36268
Salary(s): EO2 $50,744.00 – $67,671.00 per year Plus Qualification Pay, if applicable.
Closing Date: December 31, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Applicants may be required to undergo testing to validate their knowledge, skills and abilities as they relate to the qualifications of this position.
We are currently recruiting a Public Health Inspectors for our Winnipeg offices but would like to use the following competition to fill anticipated or future vacancies in Winnipeg and other rural locations.
Candidates who have still not received Board Certification but have completed their Public Health Inspections practicum and are registered to write the BOC in 2020 and in the spring of 2021 are still encouraged to apply and may be considered on an underfill basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Board of Certification (BOC) of the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI), along with on-going membership and participation in CIPHI’s Continuing Competencies Program
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check (CRC), candidates are responsible for the costs associated with obtaining a satisfactory CRC
- A valid Class 5 (F) Driver’s License
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for use on the job
- Some positions may require the incumbent to travel to remote locations by car, plane and boat and be available for consecutive overnight stays
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in Environmental Health from a recognized institution An equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience may be considered
- Experience with inspections as well as monitoring and enforcement of regulations, guidelines, by-laws and/or Acts to ensure compliance
- Experience investigating complaints
- Strong working knowledge of The Public Health Act, regulations and public health inspection programs, in addition to general knowledge of other Provincial and Federal Acts and regulations
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective time-management and organizational skills
- Well-developed verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations
- Well-developed written communication skills
- Ability to manage potentially high conflict situations effectively
- Proficient in the use of computer based applications
The primary responsibility of this position is to administer and enforce regulations under The Public Health Act and Non-Smokers Health Protection Act. Duties include compliance/monitoring activities, inspections, complaint resolution, and enforcement action pertaining to Permits, Regulations, and Orders in the enforcement of public health legislation administered by the department. Analyzing data, preparing reports, making recommendations, and taking appropriate action are also requirements of these positions.
Advertisement # 36268
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source