PA1 Purchasing Agent 1
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Operations, District 2, Asset Management
Advertisement Number: 40074
Salary(s): PA1 $48,285.00 – $57,363.00 per year
Closing Date: November 27, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
The Manitoba government is seeking a highly motivated Purchasing Agent to work within District 2 Operations – Asset Management. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. The Department of Labour, Consumer Protection, and Government Services provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, additional security checks may be required.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s licence and be able to travel occasionally to various sites.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position including sitting, lifting, and reaching.
- Must be able to wear PPE as required.
- Experience requisitioning and purchasing materials and services.
- Experience using a computerized purchasing and inventory system.
- Experience working with equipment manufacturer catalogues, manuals and electronic data.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
- Written communication skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stay organized and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience using SAP
Reporting to the Financial and Administrative Officer, the position is responsible for the procurement of goods used in the District operations. This includes ordering parts, maintaining stores warehouse, obtaining quotes and ensuring materials procured at the most economical cost.
Advertisement # 40074
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source