Quality Assurance Officer
PM3 Planning and Program Analyst 3
Agriculture and Resource Development
Animal Health and Welfare , Stewardship and Assurance
Advertisement Number: 36873
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: December 14, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Position description will be available upon request.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post secondary degree in Biological Science or Quality Assurance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in related field may be considered
- Experience with quality management including internal and external audits
- Experience working in a medical or veterinary diagnostic laboratory
- Knowledge of total quality management systems and laboratory standards such as ISO/IEC 17025, Canadian Association of Pathologists or ISO/IEC 15189
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple or competing priorities within tight time frames
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write and revise standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to consult and collaborate with both internal and external clients
- Knowledge of Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute Standards and Guidelines
The Quality Assurance Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system for the Veterinary Diagnostic Services Branch that meets or exceeds all requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17025 and conforms to Canadian Food Inspection Agency Quality Assurance policies. This includes internal auditing, equipment calibration, reviewing of the Management System Manual, and ensuring compliance with all approved procedures. In addition, the Quality Assurance Officer is responsible for training staff on elements of the Management System, tracking the system documentation and developing quality procedures to ensure a culture of continuous improvement.
Advertisement # 36873
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source