Nelson River Construction Quality Control team is seeking highly motivated individuals as Quality Control Junior Technicians starting now until Mid-November.
• The QC Technician position consists of the following: Density Inspector, Aggregate Inspector, Paving Inspector, Base Inspector, Checker, Flag Person, Scale Person, and various maintenance duties as required. The position performs various assigned functions while adhering to roadway construction standards, specifications, policies, and procedures.
• Road and foundation subgrade inspections
• Safely using a nuclear density / moisture gauge, governed by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC), and safe transportation as per the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations; and
• Daily preparation of field and laboratory testing / inspections reports (to be submitted to onsite supervisor).
• In process of obtaining a Civil Engineering Technology Diploma or Civil Technician Certificate
• Summer, co-op, or full-time work experience in the roadway construction a definite asset
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
• Strong interest in learning and developing in a technical role on road construction quality control methods.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills combined with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Commitment to quality service excellence
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Self-motivated and strong commitment to teamwork
Conditions of Employment
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers License and be able to produce a current drivers abstract prior to start
• Must be able to frequently travel to work sites within the province which may require overnight stays in a hotel or camp environment.
• Must be able to work various shifts including weekends.
• Must be able to work in an outdoor rough terrain environment and can be exposed to construction equipment, roadway traffic, fabrication plant equipment, noise, dust, hand/power tools, and moving equipment.
• Must be physically capable of performing the required duties of the position such as bending/lifting (up to 25 kgs).
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source