Quality Enhancement Worker
PM2 Planning Program Analyst 2
Department of Families
Early Learning and Child Care, Child and Youth Services
Advertisement Number: 36793
Salary(s): PM2 $59,406.00 – $74,801.00 per year
Closing Date: November 22, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search)
- A degree in social sciences or related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and work related experience may also be considered
- Experience in research and analysis including identifying issues, reviewing literature, anayzing and interpreting reports
- Experience in policy development, including implementation and evaluation and/or contributing to recommendations and action plans for senior management on complex projects, policies and/or programs
- Excellent written communication skills, with experience preparing and writing clear, concise documents and reports with a high degree of accuracy and for a variety of audiences
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize workloads, and work on concurrent assignments with strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to address conflict, foster collaboration, and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and communities
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders and communities
- Strong political acumen
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, particularly MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of Manitoba’s related provincial legislation including regulations and best practices, as well as corporate government processes
Under the direction of the Program Development and Inclusion Manager, the Quality Enhancement Worker (QUE) is responsible for leading the development, design, implementation, evaluation, ongoing coordination and oversight of Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) technical and skill based training and development initiatives and projects. Areas of assignment are in specific areas of expertise directed at enhancing directed at enhancing the quality of ELCC province wide. The QEW reports directly to the manager and considered an essential member of the Quality Enhancement and Inclusion unit. The unit sets annual provincial targets related to ELCC sector orientation and training which are broad in nature/scope and are keeping with the department priorities and core skill development to deliver regulated services under the Community Child Care Standards Act.
Advertisement # 36793
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source