Queen’s Bench Trial and Motion Support
CL3 Clerk 3
Until March 31, 2022 with a possibility of becoming regular
Judicial Services, Courts
Advertisement Number: 37840
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: July 5, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
To be considered for this competition, you must submit an Application Screening Form. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below. If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. Candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email (email@example.com), quoting 37840 and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must qualify for an appointment as a Deputy Registrar, pursuant to statutory requirements
- Satisfactory Internal/Enhanced Security Check
- Satisfactory criminal record check, adult abuse registry check and child abuse registry checks
- Experience in a court or legal environment performing clerical/administrative functions including reception duties, data entry, preparing and processing complex documents, tracking and distribution of files and maintaining court records
- Experience or working knowledge of the court system, courtroom documentation, procedures and processes relating to the Court of Queen’s Bench
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to successful liaise with various justice system stakeholders, including the judiciary, legal profession, self-represented litigants, and the public
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience with the Court of Queen’s Bench Court Registry System
This position provides clerical and administrative support to the Motion Coordinators of the Court of Queen’s Bench. This includes the distribution and truing up of Family Division and Child Protection orders to law firms, agencies and self-represented litigants. The incumbent also provides support to the the Queen’s Bench Coordinators and acts as a backup to the Motions Coordination Assistant during periods of leave.
Advertisement # 37840
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source