Real Estate Officer
SPC Space and Planning Consultant
Department of Central Services
Real Estate and Contract Services, Asset Management
Advertisement Number: 38396
Salary(s): SPC $65,326.00 – $82,253.00 per year
Closing Date: December 13, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this competition, candidates must:
- Complete the Application Screening Form;
- E-mail the completed Application Screening Form to the General Gov email inbox by email (email@example.com); and
- Quote Advertisement #38396 and Position Title in the subject line of the email.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Must be able to travel within the Province as needed, potentially including overnight travel.
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or certificate in real estate and/or property management or a related field (including Certified Leasing Officer, Real Property Administrator, Diploma in Urban Land Economics, Certified Property Management) and/ or equivalent experience in commercial real estate.
- Experience with commercial real estate administration and working with associated documentation.
- Experience with commercial lease negotiations, asset acquisitions and disposals.
- Experience conducting commercial real estate financial analysis and appraisals.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate market conditions, including trends related to real estate portfolio management.
- Knowledge of building construction, renovation project management and facility management.
- Interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build relationships and trust with internal and external contacts and stakeholders.
- Written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Political acumen in managing sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of government acts and legislation with respect to contracts and leasing.
The Real Estate Officer performs advanced negotiations for the acquisition of suitable leased accommodation for the Province of Manitoba based on mandatory Provincial standards and policies. The incumbent negotiates cost-effective new leases and renewals for all provincial department accommodation requirements, provides real estate advice, analyses and/or consultation to other Provincial Crown Corporations and Special Operating Agencies. The Real Estate Officer is accountable for assisting in the overall portfolio management of leased accommodations held by the Province. The Real Estate Officer acts as the Manitoba Finance representative requiring extensive interactions with various Landlords, real estate agents, developers or property owners. The Real Estate Officer produces all appropriate lease documentation and contract documentation as well as performs market analyses, financial analyses, comparative lease studies and tenant improvement allocation. Issues relevant calls for proposals, evaluates, scores and awards based on relevant provincial approvals and provides recommendations and clarification on real estate matters as required.
Advertisement # 38396
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source