Receptionist (Bilingual Position Available)
Department of Families
Winnipeg Child and Family Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 39916
Salary(s): AY2 $38,129.00 – $43,160.00 per year
Closing Date: November 25, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for clerical (CL2) and administrative (AY2) positions and will remain in effect until the list is exhausted. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidates to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Candidates are asked to self-declare as Bilingual (English and French) for consideration for French designated vacant positions.
The Winnipeg Child and Family Services (WCFS) branch provides a comprehensive continuum of child protection, early intervention and family support services in accordance with The Child and Family Services Act and The Adoption Act. The branch provides protection services to children at risk of abuse or neglect, and works with community partners to support children remaining safely with their families. Services to children in care include reunification services, kinship care, foster care, and specialized placement services. The branch provides adoption, post-adoption services to children and guardianship responsibilities to children, youth and families when reunification is no longer an option. The branch partners with community groups to provide supports that ease the transition of children coming into care and youth planning to live independently. WCFS is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Receptionist which is a regular position. If you are looking for a role that will enhance your office management skills, this is a great opportunity.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search)
- Must be physically able to complete the duties and responsibilities of the position which includes; reaching, bending and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Prior Contact Check
- Experience providing a full range of reception, administrative and clerical support
- Ability to work with highly confidential material
- Effective organizational and time management skills including the ability to establish priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members, managers, other staff and the general public using tact and diplomacy
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills with the ability to handle sensitive and non-routine issues
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to respond to questions from internal, the public and government agencies
- Effective written communication skills with the ability to prepare and proofread outgoing correspondence
- Effective French verbal communication skills (for bilingual position(s) only)
- Effective French written communication skills (for bilingual position(s) only)
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Experience working with a multi-line switchboard
- Experience working with CFSIS, SAP or other databases
What you will do:
- As a receptionist, you will report to the Administrative Services Manager and be responsible for providing reception, switchboard and office support within Winnipeg Child and Family Services Branch
Who are you:
- You have experience providing a full range of reception, administrative and clerical support
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook or equivalent software
- You are fluent in both English and French (For billingual position(s) only)
- Ideally, you have experience with CFSIS, SAP or other databases
What we offer:
- An entry level opportunity with the Manitoba government
- Access to a strong and established team of leaders who will share their knowledge and expertise with you
- Professional development opportunities to strengthen and enhance your skills
Advertisement # 39916
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source