AY2 Administrative Secretary 2
Department of Families
Winnipeg Child and Family Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 37923
Salary(s): AY2 $36,067.00 – $40,852.00 per year
Closing Date: August 5, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for clerical (CL2) and administrative (AY2) positions and will remain in effect until the list is exhausted. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidates to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Candidates are asked to self-declare as Bilingual (English and French) for consideration for French designated vacant positions.
In accordance with The Child And Family Services Act, The Child And Family Services Authorities Act and The Adoption Act, Winnipeg Child And Family Services (WCFS) provides a comprehensive continuum of child protection and family support services in Winnipeg. WCFS partners with the community to provide supportive and preventative services to families, protection services to children at risk of abuse and neglect, develops and provides basic and specialized placement services to meet the needs of children in care, provides preservation and reunification services for families when reunification is no longer an option.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Prior Contact Check
- Must be physically able to complete the duties and responsibilities of the position which includes; reaching, bending and lifting up to 20 pounds
- Experience providing a full range of reception, administrative and clerical support
- Ability to work with highly confidential material
- Effective organizational and time management skills including the ability to establish priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with general supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members, managers, other staff and the general public using tact and diplomacy
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills with the ability to handle sensitive and non-routine issues
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to respond to questions from internal, the public and government agencies
- Effective written communication skills with the ability to prepare and proofread outgoing correspondence
- Effective French verbal communication skills (for vacant bilingual positions)
- Effective French written communication skills (for vacant bilingual positions)
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Experience working with a multi-line switchboard
- Experience working with CFSIS, SAP or other databases
What you will do:
As a receptionist, you will report to the Administrative Services Manager and be responsible for providing reception, switchboard and office support services in a service unit with in Winnipeg Child and Family Services Branch
Who you are:
- You have experience providing a full range of reception, administrative and clerical support
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook or equivalent software
- You are fluent in both English and French
- Ideally, you have experience with CFSIS, SAP or other databases
What we offer:
- An entry level opportunity with the Manitoba government
- Access to a strong an established team of leaders who will share their knowledge and expertise with you
- Professional development opportunities to strengthen and enhance your skills
Advertisement # 37923
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source