AY2 Administrative Secretary 2
Milner Ridge Correctional Centre, Community Safety
Advertisement Number: 37453
Salary(s): AY2 $1,382.58 – $1,566.00 bi-weekly
Closing Date: May 7, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition candidates are required to submit the Application Form for screening, along with their resume, to the Civil Service Commission by email (email@example.com), quoting and position title in the subject line. Resumes may be used in addition to the Applicant Form for screening purposes.
Click here to access the application form.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check – vulnerable sector
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Internal Security Check
- Experience performing clerical or administrative functions including data entry, triaging and tracking incoming and outgoing mails, stationery inventory control, preparing documents, filing and responding to telephone inquiries
- Experience with providing excellent customer service either in person, over the telephone, or by email
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Experience dealing with confidential information and sensitive material
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage priorities in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency with Open Office or Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook or equivalent software
- Successful completion of a recognized secretarial/administrative assistant training program, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience operating a switchboard or multi-line telephone system
The receptionist provides support for the institution and is responsible for the operation of the central switchboard. The incumbent also provides administration support services to Institutional Managers, which includes typing, photocopying, filing, preparing and distributing correspondence, arranging meetings, distributing mail and other duties as assigned. The incumbent is required to direct persons to proper offices and provide routine information, ensures the administrative office equipment such as photocopier, facsimile and printers are serviced and supplied with paper and ink, responsible for the management of stationary and office supplies, and receiving and distributing incoming and outgoing mails and fax.
Advertisement # 37453
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source