Records Officer & Senior Procurement Clerk
CL4 Records Officer & Senior Procurement Clerk
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Supply Chain, Comptrollership, Resources and Performance
Advertisement Number: 36354
Salary(s): CL4 $48,399.00 – $55,132.00 per year
Closing Date: December 10, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created from this competition that would be effect for 12 months. Positions from the eligibility list could be term or regular, and be in other departments.
Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living (MHSAL) plays a key role in health policy, planning, funding, and oversight to ensure that service providers such as Regional Health Authorities, CancerCare Manitoba, Addictions Foundation of Manitoba, Shared Health and over 100 other service delivery organizations are enabled and accountable to provide economic, high quality services.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Extensive experience in records management, including maintaining schedules, retention, archival and retrieval of records.
- Experience monitoring purchasing contracts, including tracking invoices, payments, and preparing financial reports.
- Experience interpreting and applying policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, terms and conditions.
- Strong attention to detail to work efficiently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and manage conflicting demands.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills to communicate clearly and professionally with a broad range of staff members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and interact effectively with team members, clients, and the general public.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access
- Experience working within SAP computer software, specifically within the financial payment processes and reporting modules.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business Administration or equivalent program/training in administration
Reporting to the Comptroller, the Records Officer & Senior Procurement Clerk is responsible for administering the Department’s Records Management Program, which includes the maintenance and retention of records. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting with contract management and purchasing for the Department, including providing advice, support and direction to Departmental staff on contracting / purchasing processes to ensure the department is meeting the requirements set out by the applicable financial, administrative and purchasing polices and guidelines.
Advertisement # 36354
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source