AS2 Assessment Officer 2
6 Month Term
Emergency Measures Organization, Emergency Management and Public Safety
Advertisement Number: 37976
Salary(s): AS2 $45,618.00 – $53,959.00 per year
Closing Date: August 15, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to travel for extended periods of time within Manitoba (Overnight accommodation and vehicle provided).
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment for extended hours.
- Must be able to work overtime and extended hours as required.
- Experience in one of the following areas: Building construction/inspection/assessment, agriculture (producer or inspector), insurance broker, insurance claims management, or claims management.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to draft letters and email correspondence.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and answering requests for information to internal and external stakeholders
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain composure, tact and diplomacy when faced with contentious issues.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve or recommend alternate solutions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret, understand and apply legislation, policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Experience with Lotus Notes.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Disaster Financial Assistance, the Recovery Advisor works as a member of the Recovery Advisor Team to manage a portfolio of Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA) claims.
Claim types managed by the Recovery Advisor may vary to include private sector and/or public sector claims. As interactions with the public and local authorities are a key function of this role, a diplomatic, professional and customer service-oriented communication style are required. The Recovery Advisor will reconcile claims and input data into Microsoft Excel and Lotus Notes. Maximum assistance amounts will be determined by the Recovery Advisor by reading, interpreting and applying legislation, policies, guidelines and regulations to a claim.
Advertisement # 37976
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source