Regional Financial Clerk
CL3 Clerk 3
Technical Services & Operations – Regional Operations – Region 3 & 4
Dauphin MB, Brandon MB
Advertisement Number: 37054
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: February 28, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel occassionally to meetings and training throughout the Province.
- Completion of a financial accounting program or clerical experience with direct responsibility for accounts payable processing, timekeeping and payroll. A suitable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with computerized accounts payable processing and preparing and maintaining financial records.
- Experience with timekeeping and preparing and processing reports in a computerized accounting system.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Analytical skills, including high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Time management skills, including the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience working with SAP.
The Financial Clerk reporting to the Financial Officer is responsible for processing the Region’s
day to day financial and timekeeping transactions and comptrollership related functions working independently on a variety of complex tasks. This position provides financial, timekeeping and payroll related support and advice to program managers. This position acts as a liaison/resource to all program staff within Regional Operations regarding financial and timekeeping transactions, policies, procedures, processes and guidelines as they relate to timekeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable and recoveries. Regional operations are a complex financial environment involving multiple funding sources, financial and management software programs, multiple classifications and categories of employees. The Financial Clerk utilizes several modules and functionalities within SAP that are unique to our department. Manitoba Infrastructure has significant delegated signing authorities due to the unique and complex nature of our business.
Advertisement # 37054
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source