FO3 Forester 3
Agriculture and Resource Development
Forestry Branch, Production Stewardship Division
Swan River MB
Advertisement Number: 37484
Salary(s): FO3 $70,811.00 – $89,405.00 per year
Closing Date: May 17, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experiences related to the conditions of employment and qualifications for this position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Physically able and willing to travel to remote locations with the Province for extended periods of time
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position which include working in wilderness forest conditions
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License
- Post-secondary education in Forestry, Physical Science or Natural Science, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered
- Experience planning, performing, supervising and inspecting silvicultural activities
- Experience planning and implementing timber management programs including experience inspecting timber operations
- Experience supervising staff including recruitment, performance management, coaching, and training
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with stakeholder groups and in a team environment
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to work on several projects simultaneously and prioritize workloads to meet strict deadlines
- Experience preparing and managing budgets
- Knowledge of Indigenous communities
- Knowledge of forestry legislation and policy
- Experience working with ArcGIS and GPS applications, including experience preparing maps
Reporting directly to the Manager of Forest Services, the Regional Forester is responsible for the development and implementation of regional forest management programs. Responsibilities also include program administration, staff supervision, resource allocation and planning, policy implementation, budget planning as well as representing departmental forestry interests on the Region’s Integrated Resource Management Team.
Advertisement # 37484
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source