Regional Manager, Grain – Manitoba
We are currently seeking a hands-on, strategic leader to fill the role of Regional Manager for our grain facilities located across Manitoba. As Regional Manager, you will be responsible for the overall operations of all grain terminal facilities within assigned territory. You are a strategic planner who participates in the planning process for the entire business unit. You will achieve positive results in areas of grain procurement, inventory management, grain shipments, staff management, grain grading and storage for each facility within the assigned region. You must have the capability to provide accurate plans, forecasting, budgeting and reporting. You have leadership skills and oversee all Human Resources related activities for all staff (hourly and salary) and make hiring / termination recommendations as needed.
• Deliver financial results (revenue and expense) as set out in operating budgets. Provide effective management of inventories, receivables, fixed assets, and rolling stock;
• Work with the Manager of Country Operations and Human Resources to coordinate and administer all Human Resources activities; including hiring of staff, on-boarding, training, performance reviews, compensation reviews, succession planning, career development plans and discipline as required;
• Develop and maintain strong business relationships with customers that are mutually beneficial;
• Maximize throughput and profitable grain handling and achieve operational efficiency standards;
• Ensure quality standards are constantly met. Take responsibility for specifications of grains when loaded into rail cars and trucks. Monitor quality problems to identify cause and develop solutions;
• Enforce and monitor compliance with all corporate or regulated ISO, HACCP, C-TPAT, safety, health and environmental policies and procedures,; Other duties as requested/assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the agriculture sector;
• Degree/Certificate in Agriculture, Agribusiness or equivalent post-secondary education considered an asset;
• Success in a leadership capacity, providing mentorship to staff;
• Strong knowledge of the grain industry;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & Outlook;
• Valid class 5 driver’s license;
• Excellent verbal skills reflected in the ability to foster strong relationships with staff & customers.
• Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
• Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
• On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
• Employee Referral Program (up to $350 per successful referral);
• Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website www.patersongrain.com/careers/.
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers. Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.
View original article here Source