Regional Manager, Western Region
MC3 Motor Carrier Enforcement Officer 3
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Manitoba Motor Carrier Enforcement, Transportation Operations
Advertisement Number: 39641
Salary(s): MC3 $61,676.00 – $78,187.00 per year
Closing Date: September 6, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Manitoba Motor Carrier Enforcement (MMCE) promotes safe and sustainable surface transportation by ensuring industry compliance with relevant legislation and standards, through delivery of services by Motor Carrier Enforcement Officers. Reporting to the Staff Sergeant in charge of Enforcement Operations, the Regional Manager (Sergeant), Western Region is a key member of the Manitoba Motor Carrier Enforcement Leadership Team.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must hold a valid Manitoba Class 4 or higher driver’s license or be able to obtain a valid Manitoba class 4 driver’s licence within 30 days of hire.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must be able to satisfy an enhanced security check.
- Must satisfy vision and hearing testing.
- Must provide a satisfactory medical fitness report.
- Must be physically capable of performing all functions of the position, including crouching, bending, climbing, twisting, standing/sitting for prolonged periods, working in confined spaces (i.e.: vehicle undercarriage inspections), medium to heavy lifting, as well as carrying heavy equipment for a distance.
- Must be a Certified Federal Dangerous Goods Inspector or Certified within the first 12-18 months of employment.
- Must be a Certified Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) NASI Inspector or Certified within the first 12 – 18 months of employment.
- Must be able to work alone on occasions; extended hours, overtime including evenings and weekends.
- Experience working in a regulatory or enforcement environment, which includes implementing, maintaining and interpreting relevant acts and regulations.
- Supervisory experience, which includes experience in the following areas; staffing, performance management, attendance management and labour/employee issues.
- Experience in conflict management including the ability to find resolution and de-escalate challenging situations.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, mentor and coach in an environment of transformation.
- Strong Interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet competing deadlines.
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop, evaluate and implement operational policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of private sector regulatory transportation issues and concerns.
- Completion of seminars, certifications or post-secondary education related to management or leadership.
The Regional Manager (Sergeant), Western Region is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of programs in support of the National Safety Code Standards, The Highway Traffic Act, The Motor Vehicle Transport Act (Canada) and respective regulations. The Western Regional Sergeant is responsible for protecting Manitoba’s investment in highway infrastructure through the administration, communication, and application of enforcement programs that facilitate movement by commercial motor carriers in a safe and efficient manner and promotes uniform compliance with provincially, federally and internationally accepted standards and legislation. In support of these efforts, the Western Regional Sergeant oversees the development, supervision, training, direction and control of Motor Carrier Enforcement Officers (MCEOs) strategically deployed throughout their region.
Advertisement # 39641
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source