Come drive with us!
Portage Transport is currently looking for Class 1 driver for a Regional Short Haul transportation run in the Winnipeg area. The successful candidate will work with dispatch to ensure freight delivery is on time.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Completion of pre and post trip inspections
• On time nightly runs as per grand forks customer requirements
• Complete daily route records; maintain correct Hours of Service and track inventory; ensure that all necessary documentation with respect to freight is filled and submitted correctly
• Engaging with customers during pick-up and delivery
• Safe operation of the vehicle
• Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
• At least 2 years international driving experience
• Air Brakes Endorsement
• Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
• FAST (Free and Secure Trade) Program considered an asset
• Valid passport
The PT Difference:
• Competitive pay package with mileage and incentive bonuses.
• Family oriented company.
• Dedicated dispatch with a personal feel.
• Well-maintained late-model equipment.
• Comprehensive benefits package; including immediate emergency travel health coverage, dental, extended health, and vision coverage
• Operators lounges including shower and laundry facilities
The successful candidate must adhere to all safety guidelines, load limits, and DOT requirements.
Candidates with a clean driving record and a desire to learn will be highly regarded.
• Class 1 license
• Minimum 2 years of experience (current and verifiable)
• Availability to work weekends is considered an asset
• Clean driving abstract
• Clear and professional communication skills
• Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus pay
• Overtime pay
Head over to https://portagetransport.com/driver-application.asp and fill out our online application today!
Please specify ‘Regional Short Haul Operator’ when applying
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source