Regional Supervisor (2 Positions)
EO4 Enviromental Officer 4
Department of Conservation and Climate
Environmental Compliance and Enforcement , Environmental Stewardship
Steinbach MB, Winnipeg MB
Advertisement Number: 37208
Salary(s): EO4 $60,597.00 – $82,669.00 per year
Closing Date: March 11, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular, term and acting status appointments throughout the province and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Manitoba Conservation and Climate is seeking qualified individuals to fill two Regional Supervisor (EO4) positions, one located in Winnipeg and the other in Steinbach, MB. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be physically able to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position such as site inspections and investigations.
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Must be willing and able to travel with occasional overnight stays as required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license
- Degree in Environmental Science or a related discipline with relevant work experience in an environmental field. An equivalent combination of education, training and extensive experience may be considered.
- Experience in managing environmental programs, including the administrative, operational and enforcement aspects.
- Detailed knowledge of, and extensive experience working with (interpreting and applying) relevant environmental legislation such as: The Environment Act, The Dangerous Goods Handling and Transportation Act, The Contaminated Sites Remediation Act and The Waste Reduction and Prevention Act.
- Significant experience in the enforcement of regulations, including conducting investigations, collecting samples, preparing court briefs and providing testimony under oath.
- Experience in the review, evaluation, analysis, and assessment of scientific data, reports and/or technical documents.
- Strong political acumen including the ability to manage confidential, controversial or politically sensitive material and situations in an appropriate manner.
- Effective verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate technical and non-technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Effective written communication skills including the ability to write technical reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences.
- Experience with, or the ability to execute, human resource management functions such as: recruitment and selection; training, mentoring, coaching, supervision and performance management etc.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate others.
- Effective mediation, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to proactively display initiative.
- Experience with Departmental Policy and Operational Guidelines.
Reporting to the Provincial Manager (EO5), the Regional Supervisor will be responsible for supervision of the planning, delivery, evaluation, reporting and administration of environmental management programs within the Regional Office. This position supervises Environment Officers and other staff in the administration and enforcement of the Environment Act, Dangerous Goods Handling and Transportation Act, Contaminated Sites Remediation Act, Ozone Depleting Substances Act, and other such legislation or policy under the responsibility of the department.
Advertisement # 37208
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source