Residential Care Licensing Case Manager
SP4 Social Services Worker 4
until March 31, 2022 with possibility of extension
Department of Families
Regional Social Services – Western Region, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 37938
Salary(s): SP4 $56,040.00 – $77,714.00 per year
Closing Date: August 13, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular, term, part-time and/or full-time positions in the Western Region (Brandon and Dauphin) and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce a satisfactory Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, with the ability to travel on government business within the Province of Manitoba
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays when required
- Post secondary degree in Social Sciences (BSW preferred)
- Related Case Management Experience (including counselling, performing assessments, planning, risk assessment, protective services and service coordination) in a social service setting. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered at a commensurate or underfill classification and salary level
- Ability to recruit and conduct assessments of new residential care facilities and foster care providers and risk management assessment for existing facilities
- Ability to prioritize workload and organize tasks in a high volume work environment
- Ability to develop and deliver training activities for care providers
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and establish working relationships with community agencies
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict in a respectful manner.
- Effective written communication skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Knowledge of applicable legislation such as the Vulnerable Persons Act, Mental Health Act, Manitoba Fire Code, Manitoba Building Code, Public Health Act and City/Municipal and Provincial regulations related to licensed facilities
Within the context of an Integrated services environment across Regional Social Services, this position provides leadership and expertise in the area of residential care and is responsible for delivering services including ongoing case management to placement providers to ensure Vulnerable Persons with Disabilities are able to live safely in the community with the appropriate levels of assessed supports. This is accomplished through duties that include a lead role in development of all residential resources (approved homes and staff-shifted residential programs), review of complex care needs assessment and care provider capacity, training and ongoing case management services for support staff and collaterals, quality assurance through home studies and program development activities, risk management assessment and crisis intervention and placement breakdown supports.
Advertisement # 37938
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source