Residential Tenancies Officer
FC2 Consumer Services Officer
Residential Tenancies Branch, Consumer Protection
Advertisement Number: 37478
Salary(s): FC2 $61,184.00 – $73,742.00 per year
Closing Date: April 29, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Residential Tenancies Branch administers The Residential Tenancies Act, The Condominium Act and The Life Leases Act. The Branch is responsible for the resolution of landlord and tenant disputes through investigation, mediation, adjudication. The Branch is also responsible for regulating rent increases and enforcing compliance under the Residential Tenancies Act and provides information to landlords and tenants through public speaking engagements, correspondence and telephone. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid Class 5 Manitoba driver’s license
- Must be able to travel throughout the province as required
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and accounting principles
- Experience interpreting and applying Acts and Regulations.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think critically and exercise good judgement in difficult situations that have a significant impact on stakeholders.
- Financial Accounting and/or auditing experience including financial statement analysis.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the public and government officials at various levels.
- Well developed written communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly and concisely in written form.
- Experience performing investigations to ensure compliance with applicable statutes and regulations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities in order to meet tight deadlines and strict quota.
- Practical knowledge of the construction industry or property maintenance.
- Experience using electronic file management systems.
- Experience in, or practical knowledge of, dispute resolutions.
- Experience in property maintenance and/or physically conducting onsite property inspections.
Reporting to the Manager of Rent Regulation, this position is responsible for investigating complaints; conducting hearings; gathering information from involved parties through in person and telephone interviews; site inspections and documentation; rendering decisions and issuing orders of compliance in accordance with pertinent Acts and regulations; examining financial information, making detailed calculations, issuing orders which set authorized rents and establishing exemptions and order repayments; mediating disputes between landlords and tenants; interacting and educating clients by conducting interviews and delivering information sessions.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Advertisement # 37478
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source