LOCATION: Altona or Winnipeg, MB
REPORTS TO: Residential Underwriting Supervisor
Red River Mutual is considered one of Insurance Business Canada’s Top Insurance Workplaces of 2021!
Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Residential Underwriter evaluates policy applications, endorsements and renewals and then applies underwriting methodology while ensuring a high level of customer service to our broker network. Training is provided and supplemented by Red River Mutual.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
– Assess policy applications, endorsements and renewals
– Apply effective pricing and underwriting practices
– Cultivate relationships with brokers
– Analyze portfolio and provide recommendations to senior underwriters
– Participate in training and development opportunities
– Participate in insurance industry and broker events
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
– High School Diploma
– Post-secondary education considered an asset
– CIP designation or working towards is considered an asset
– Experience in customer service
– Proven team work and collaboration skills
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– High level of organization and attention to detail
– Strong decision making skills
– Proficient with Microsoft Office program suite
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source