Prairie Spirit School Division invites applications for a 1.0 FTE Tern RESOURCE TEACHER POSITION for the 2021-22 school year (Competition #2021-08) for the Baldur School, Windy Bay Colony, Valleyview Colony and Sandy Bank Colony Schools.
Must possess a Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate and a Manitoba Special Education Certificate, or enrolled in courses towards attaining a Special Education Certificate.
The Resource Teacher assists in meeting the individual needs of students by providing a supportive service to Classroom Teachers and Students in an inclusive environment. This is accomplished through a consultative and collaborative model which uses a team approach to planning, implementation and evaluation.
The Resource Teacher works with classroom teachers to address the diverse learning needs of students in the school by gathering and sharing information, modelling strategies, co-teaching, and supporting the planning for and implementation of appropriate educational programming. The Resource Teacher must:
● Demonstrate a knowledge of the stages of child development from transitioning pre-school children into Kindergarten, to Grade 12, with knowledge of High School courses, credit system and transitioning to adulthood.
● Have experience using and interpreting assessments, and working with classroom teachers and clinicians to co-develop programs to meet student needs within and beyond the Manitoba Curriculum.
● Understand and apply the Manitoba Education support documents and early, middle and senior years curriculum.
● Have strong leadership, communication, organization and technology skills.
● Have experience coordinating services and facilitating meetings with multiple agencies.
● Knowledge of the Ross Greene model Collaborative and Proactive Solutions (CPS) an asset.
Must have a valid driver’s license, and current criminal record check and child abuse registry.
For more information please contact the Student Services Administrator Leslie Norrie at 204-836-2147 (email@example.com).
Please email cover letter, CV and three references in a single pdf document quoting competition number above to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is noon, April 26th, 2021 or until a suitable candidate pool is established.
Cheryl Mangin, Superintendent
Prairie Spirit School Division
Box 130, 15 Lorne Avenue
SWAN LAKE, MB R0G 2S0
For details visit www.prairiespirit.mb.ca
We wish to thank all interested applicants, however, only those short-listed for interviews will be acknowledged and
View original article here Source