Council of the Rural Municipality of Grey will be accepting applications for the above noted position. This position will be full time and the person filling this position will be responsible for the following tasks:
o Safety Coordinator
• Maintain and update the Safety and Health Policy
• Provide leadership and strategic direction on the Safety and Health program
• Continuously improve Safety and Health Program elements including safety training and orientation, safe work procedures, hazard analysis and regular inspections
• Ensuring compliance with incident reporting, policy creation, enforcement and legislative requirements and communications
• Collaborating with management and staff to adhere to and improve our Safety and Health program and policies
• Provide guidance and ownership of processes for the Safety Committee
• Knowledge of the Safety and Health Act, Provincial Regulations and Workers Compensation Board programs would be an asset
o Accessibility Coordinator
• Oversee the Accessibility Plan
• Update the Accessibility Plan as necessary
o Emergency Coordinator
• Oversee the Emergency Plan
• Update Emergency Plan as necessary
For all three aspects of the job, successful candidate must:
o be able to work with minimum supervision
o have good organizational and record keeping skills
o have computer experience especially with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
o be willing to participate in courses/training for all three areas of the position
Salary is dependent on qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package is available.
Please submit applications including references and salary expectations by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, September 27, 2021 and marked “Safety/Accessibility/EMO”. Please submit information to:
R.M. of Grey Box 99 27 Church Avenue East Elm Creek, MB R0G 0N0 firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information regarding the above position can be obtained from the Municipal Office at 204-436-2014.
NOTE: We thank everyone who takes the time to submit an application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the application and interview process.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source