Safety, Health and Risk Management Consultant
AO2 Administrative Officer
Department of Environment, Climate and Parks
Shared Services and Risk Management, Finance & Shared Services
Advertisement Number: 40268
Salary(s): AO2 $57,401.00 – $68,787.00 per year
Closing Date: December 18, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be established to fill similar positions across the province and will remain in effect for 12 months.
We are looking to fill two positions from this competition.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain intermediate CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively throughout the Province of Manitoba by various means such as plane, motor vehicle, boat, ATV and snowmobile.
- Must be physically capable of performing duties related to conducting investigations, inspections and responding to emergency situations that require moderate physical effort (e.g. carrying equipment for long distances potentially over rough terrain and in adverse weather conditions.)
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may also be considered.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Workplace Safety and Health Act and related legislation.
- Experience conducting investigations, audits and site inspections.
- Experience designing and facilitating training programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and establish strong working relationships and partnerships.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs or similar computer applications.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Construction Safety Officer designation (SCO) or Canadian Risk Management Certification (CRM)
Reporting to the Manager of Workplace Safety & Health and Risk Management Program, the incumbents shall, within the scope of the Workplace Safety & Health Act and associated Regulations, provide leadership and guidance to Employees, Supervisors, Managers and Directors across the decentralized Department of Environment, Climate and Parks. The incumbents shall provide consultative services to these various groups, ensuring compliance with standards, developing and facilitating training and safety programs to meet needs. The incumbent shall conduct research to ensure the department meets all requirements and stays current in the area of workplace safety, health and risk management. The incumbent shall interpret legislation, regulations, policies and procedures for department staff and managers. The incumbent shall complete reports to feed into the ongoing development of the Corporate Program, and also conduct site inspections and investigate incidents, preparing related reports.
Advertisement # 40268
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source