CL3 Clerk 3
Brandon Correctional Centre, Community Safety
Advertisement Number: 37464
Salary(s): CL3 $1,579.78 – $1,812.50 bi-weekly
Closing Date: April 26, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Security Screening
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Extensive experience administering and maintaining complex electronic and manual employee schedules
- Experience performing clerical and/or administrative support duties
- Experience with interpreting and applying policies, procedures and guidelines related to a scheduling environment
- Experience developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Strong written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience administering and maintaining 24 hour, 7 day a week schedules
Under the supervision of the Financial Services Manager and under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent of Operations, the incumbent is responsible for preparing staff schedules in accordance with the Manitoba Government Employees’ Master Agreement (GEMA) and Component/Sub Agreements for regular, part-time and casual employees in a 24 hour shift environment.
The duties of the incumbent will include coordinating staff scheduling activities to ensure replacement staff availability for planned absences and initiating replacement staffing activity. The person will also be responsible for responding to short notice requests for staff absences as well as maintaining daily records of scheduled hours for part-time staff. As required, the person will also provide administrative support and timekeeping functions.
Advertisement # 37464
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source