The Prairie Spirit School Division invites applications for a .80 FTE Term Teacher School Counsellor at the Pilot Mound Collegiate, Thomas Greenway Middle School (Crystal City) and Crystal City Early Years School for the 2022-23 school year with potential to become full time.
● Valid Teaching Certificate
● Post Graduate Education:
● Master in Education-Specialization in Counselling
● MB School Counsellor’s Certificate
● Or well into the process of completing either of the above
● Experience as a school counsellor
● Successful classroom teaching experience
● Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
● Provide direct/indirect educational counselling support services that facilitate student success in the areas of personal, social, academic and career development on an individual student basis, small group or classroom-wide.
● Collaborate with teachers, administration and student services team members to determine student needs and appropriate intervention planning.
● Deliver social emotional learning lessons in classrooms or coordinate and support classroom teachers in doing so.
● Demonstrate exceptional ability to form positive relationships with diverse individuals and grade levels.
● Demonstrate strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
● Coordinate referral of students to divisional school clinicians / community-based services as needed.
● Knowledge/experience of the Dr. Ross Greene model Collaborative and Proactive Solutions (CPS) an asset.
● Attend divisional student services team department meetings.
● Pursue continuous professional growth.
For more information, please contact the Student Support Services Administrator, Sheldon Gardiner at 204-836-2147 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please email cover letter, CV and three references in a single PDF document quoting competition number above to: email@example.com. Closing: June 15, 2022 or until a suitable candidate pool is established.
Cheryl Mangin, Superintendent
Prairie Spirit School Division
SWAN LAKE, Manitoba R0G 2S0
Ph: (204) 836-2147
Details also available on website: www.prairiespirit.mb.ca
We wish to thank all interested applicants, however, only those short-listed for interviews will be acknowledged and contacted.
Job type: Part-time
View original article here Source