École St. Eustache
The successful candidate provides administrative and secretarial support for the school administrative team, staff and students and ensures that the school office functions in an efficient and effective manner. School secretaries are employed on a 10-month basis, from September through June. École St. Eustache is a grade K-6 French Immersion school with a student population of approximately 141 students and 15 staff.
School Secretary Position:
• 3.50 hours per day
• Effective ASAP
• $17.68/hour as per Collective Agreement
• Post-secondary education in office or business administration and at least 3-5 years’ experience in providing administrative support or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Fluency (oral and written) in both official languages (French and English) is highly desirable
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes in daily routine, and to work on multiple tasks with many interruptions, demonstrating excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating ability to work as part of a team or independently.
• Ability to conduct oneself in a manner appropriate to school and demonstrate strict attention to confidentiality of school operations and student information.
• Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, and tact in dealing with staff, students, parents, and the public.
• Knowledge of basic accounting practices and familiarity with computerized accounting systems would be an asset.
• Proficiency with MS Office, Google G Suite, and web-based programs.
• Proficiency with student information systems (PowerSchool) would be an asset.
• Basic First Aid would be an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Welcome and assist visitors upon arrival at the school
• Answer and forward telephone calls or take messages
• Manage confidential information.
• Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, presentations, publications, reports, agendas, minutes, purchase orders and related material from a variety of sources including manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
• Perform cash management and maintain school budget accounts
• Open, sort and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinate the flow of information within the school
• Prepare, photocopy, and collate documents for internal and external mailing, distribution, and filing
• Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
• Order office supplies, maintain inventory, and maintain servicing of office equipment
• Other administrative support duties as assigned
For more detailed information, please contact Lindsay Noël, Principal at 204-353-2869
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main St. S., Carman, MB R0G 0J0; fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: January 9, 2022
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division. Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request. All PRSD staff must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing as per provincial Public Health Orders.
View original article here Source