Secretary of The Municipal Board, the Land Value Appraisal Commission, and the Disaster Assistance Appeal Board
SMB Secretary of the Municipal Board
Advertisement Number: 36475
Salary(s): SMB $70,224.00 – $89,118.00 per year
Closing Date: October 8, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting with senior level administration experience in a regulatory or tribunal environment. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with an agency, board or commission including experience interpreting and applying relevant legislation, board procedures and decision-making rules
- Experience processing legal documents and applications including reviewing for accuracy and completeness
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships with internal government and external stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills for the purpose of preparing, reviewing and editing complex documentation for the purpose of commmunicating effectively with stakeholders and government representatives
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Strong political acumen including the ability to handle sensitive matters in a confidential and professional manner
- Experience managing and supervising staff including disiplinary oversight
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure while managing conflicting priorities and meeting strict deadlines
- Financial management experience including preparing budgets, cash flows and annual reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Municipal Board, Land Appraisal Commission, and Disaster Assistance Appeal Board services including policies, procedures, statutes and regulations
The Secretary of the Municipal Board manages the day to day operation of The Municipal Board, the Land Value Appraisal Commission, and the Disaster Assistance Appeal Board. This position reviews all applications, appeals and referrals,administration of all documentation and schedules hearings as well as manages the financial and administrative services for the Board while managing administrative staff in the office. The incumbent requires knowledge of Acts that fall under the jurisdiction of all 3 boards and provides advice and assistance to the Chair and Vice Chair, and other various stakeholders to ensure that the board is able to meet its responsibilities.
Advertisement # 36475
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source