MANITOBA MÉTIS FEDERATION
August 30, 2022
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the democratic Government of the Red River Métis – also known as the Manitoba Métis. The Red River Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time Security Personnel position within our Operations Department located in Winnipeg, MB. Under the supervision of the Building Supervisor, the Security Personnel is responsible for providing security services to MMF buildings and parking lots.
• Control access to the building, greet and direct visitors to appropriate areas as to office locations on each floor;
• Advise visitors and staff as to specific regulations, policies, and rules as to building and office codes;
• Monitor computerized security camera systems;
• Enforce all regulations and rules of building to maintain order;
• Perform security checks as to individuals entering and visiting facilities when it is required to do so;
• Patrol assigned areas to guard against vandalism, theft, fire, and safety of individuals and building;
• Monitor parking lots;
• Escort staff and visitors after regular office hours to their vehicles if needed;
• Transport materials, equipment, etc. within main offices and to other MMF sites as requested;
• Prepare incident reports and other reports as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Grade 12 Diploma;
• Recognized security training certification qualifying for Canadian General Standard for Uniformed Security Guards;
• Experience in providing security services for an office building;
• Basic computer skills and training;
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision;
• Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of work materials as appropriate;
• Knowledge of Métis culture, MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and,
• Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including; health, dental, vision, pension, and vacation. Access to an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant is available.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, referencing the job posting number by Tuesday, September 6, 2022.
The MMF requires a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment. The MMF will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your start date. Obtaining this document is not a guarantee of employment.
Preference will be given to qualified Métis applicants and they are encouraged to self-identify on their cover letter. The MMF encourages internal applicants to apply for career opportunities within our Government.
MMF Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source