Security Shift Supervisor
HHG Security Officer 2
Department of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery
Selkirk Mental Health Centre
Advertisement Number: 37805
Salary(s): HHG $40,445.00 – $47,374.00 per year
Closing Date: July 19, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre is looking for a Security Shift Supervisor to join our team. Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) is a 252-bed facility that provides specialized inpatient mental health and acquired brain injury treatment and rehabilitation services through five specialized patient programs: Acute, Geriatric, Rehabilitation, Forensic and Acquired Brain Injury. For more information see Selkirk Mental Health Centre.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Must provide a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Ability to manage the physical demands of the position which may include lifting/moving heavy objects/people, running between buildings, walking around the grounds in inclement weather
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts and flexible hours including days, evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Experience providing security services (which includes, but is not limited to: patrolling, escorting, responding to emergencies, security camera surveillance)
- Experience managing emergency situations effectively and responsibly
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for the purpose of effectively interacting with patients and staff
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making abilities to address immediate safety concerns
- Ability to provide supervision and leadership to a team within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience using Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NCI) techniques
- Knowledge of mental illness
The security shift supervisor provides leadership and supervision to the security officers assigned to their designated shift rotation through demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness. The supervisor will also ensure the safety and security for approximately 700 staff, 252 patients, visitors and the public in general in order to augment the treatment services provided at Selkirk Mental Health Centre (SMHC) to assist patients in their recovery and re-integration into the community. The security shift supervisor will demonstrate a commitment to the vision, values, goals and objectives of SMHC, including a strong commitment to patient
Advertisement # 37805
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source