Senior Advisor to the Deputy Minister
PM4 Senior Advisor to the Deputy Minister
Department of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery
Deputy Minister’s Office
Advertisement Number: 37807
Salary(s): PM4 $72,976.00 – $92,939.00 per year
Closing Date: July 6, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future term and regular vacancies.
The Department of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery is looking for a Senior Advisor to the Deputy Minister.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Bachelor’s Degree in health, social sciences or public administration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience leading the planning, research, design, development and implementation of policies and programs involving complex and dynamic issues.
- Experience conducting research and analysis to develop briefing materials, and reports for the use of senior officials in making policy and program decisions
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with diverse stakeholder groups including community and stakeholder consultation
- Demonstrated understanding of Manitoba’s mental health and addictions system including the Mental Health Act, the Addictions Foundation Act and the Youth Drug Stabilization Act.
- Strong verbal communication skills to presenting complex and sophisticated information to a variety of stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills to prepare briefing material and other correspondance on behalf of the Deputy Minister’s office for various stakeholders.
- Strong political acumen and tact to navigate sensitive subject matter among various stakeholders with differing positions and interests
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills to evaluate complex issues and independently provide sound advice and recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders with competing interests
- Effective time management skills to manage multiple complex projects with competing priorities.
- Strong leadership skills
- A Master’s Degree in health, social sciences or public administration.
- Experience providing leadership in the areas of mental health and/or addictions
Reporting to the Deputy Minister of Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery, the Senior Advisor to the Deputy Minister will undertake research and policy analysis on specific issues within the department’s portfolio and will coordinate assigned supports on issues of a cross-divisional and cross-departmental nature. Working closely with executive management the incumbent will:
• Monitor deliverables to ensure appropriate departmental follow up on behalf of the Deputy Minister
• Provides leadership in analyzing and managing comprehensive policy development.
• Research and respond to ministerial inquiries, and urgent requests from executive management.
• Drafting strategic documents on behalf of the Deputy Minister
• Provide direction on behalf of the Deputy Minister to various stakeholders on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
• Manage departmental communications
Advertisement # 37807
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source