Senior Analyst, Financial Systems
BA2 Business Analyst 2
Department of Families
Financial Services, Manitoba Housing
Advertisement Number: 39658
Salary(s): BA2 $62,054.00 – $78,168.00 per year
Closing Date: August 23, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
We are looking for Business Analyst to work with our financial planning and budgeting team on our transformation projects. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form along with a copy of your resume. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector check.
- Post secondary computer programming/analyst education or formal accounting education or training. An equivalent combination of education/corporate accounting/computer analyst experience and training may be considered.
- Experience working with multiple financial information systems in a complex operating environment. (i.e. Masterpiece, SAP)
- Experience in database report writing (i.e.. Crystal Reports, Microsoft SSRS, SQL).
- Excellent leadership skills with experience supervising staff.
- Experience working with interfaces between multiple financial computer systems (i.e. converting data, formats, back up processing production test systems and external file formatting.)
- Experience in change management and leading teams through transition.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills in order to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint with advanced Excel skills).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills including preparing reports, training materials and manuals.
- Experience facilitating and delivery training sessions.
- Experience using Microsoft Access and Power BI.
This position is a senior member of the Financial Services team and is relied upon to be a catalyst of change and lead teams through new technology initiatives. Reporting directly to the Director of Financial Services of Manitoba Housing, the Senior Analyst, Financial Systems is responsible for planning, maintaining, implementing, reviewing and evaluating all financial accounting and reporting systems for Manitoba Housing including the business requirements of multiple systems within Manitoba Housing. Responsible in ensuring that procedures and practices are designed and operated in a manner that will result in accurate and timely financial information being readily available to enable efficient and effective program delivery within an appropriate system of control and accountability.
Advertisement # 39658
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source