P10 Professional Officer 10
Until March 31, 2022
Office of the Provincial Comptroller, Treasury Board Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 37905
Salary(s): P10 $82,480.00 – $101,998.00 per year
Closing Date: July 21, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
At the full working level, this position is classified at the Professional Officer 10 (P10) classification. In order to be appointed to the full working level, the incumbent is required to meet the full qualifications for the position. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered on a developmental basis up to and including the Professional Officer 9 (P9) classification (salary range: $76,087.00 – $93,601.00 per year). Successful candidates hired on a developmental basis will be trained and developed to meet the requirements to obtain the full working level of the position.
Treasury Board Secretariat provides financial and analytical support and strategic management advice to the Minister of Finance and Treasury Board. Treasury Board is a sub-committee of Cabinet responsible for the overall fiscal management and reporting of the Manitoba government and the establishment of policies required for the effective management of public funds to meet government objectives.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check
- Must have the ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA), or post-secondary education and completion of the intermediate level of a recognized accounting program with supplementary accounting experience.
- Extensive experience undertaking quantitative and qualitative research, such as complex financial and/or program analysis, evaluation or review, including the relevance, development, and impact of government policies.
- Experience analyzing accounting standards, complex problems, evaluating impacts and implementation challenges, and providing recommendations and/or creative alternate solutions.
- Experience mapping organizational policies and processes and identifying efficiencies and improvements.
- Strong professional judgement with superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent oral communication with the ability to effectively deliver presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with a team and engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Province of Manitoba financial management policies and practices as set out in the Financial Administration Manual, The Financial Administration Act and the General Manual of Administration.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for performing internal and external policy research, financial policy analysis, solution options, business cases, developing financial policies, implementation plans for accounting, financial reporting and business improvements for the programs and projects in the Office of Provincial Comptroller.
Advertisement # 37905
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source