Senior Bilingual Legislative Analyst
PM3 Senior Bilingual Legislative Analyst
Department of Education
Governance & Policy, System Performance & Accountability
Advertisement Number: 37506
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: May 24, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be established to fill similar regular and term positions (including PM2 & PM3 classification) and will remain in effect for up to 12 months.
The Department of Education is seeking a qualified individual to fill a Senior Bilingual Legislative Analyst position within the Governance and Policy Branch. The Department is undertaking a significant transformation to ensure the education system is structured and supported effectively to improve outcomes and provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to achieve their potential. The Governance and Policy Branch is responsible for the design and innovation of governance structures, legislation and policy for Manitoba’s K-12 education system.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary degree, preferably at the Masters level, in law, social sciences or a related discipline, and related work experience. An equivalent combination of education and extensive experience may also be considered.
- Extensive leadership experience in researching, developing and evaluating complex policy projects, ideally within a public sector setting.
- Strong understanding of legislative/regulatory or policy development processes, including the main steps in the process.
- Experience interpreting and/or applying legislation, regulations and/or policy.
- Superior written communication skills in both French and English, including experience writing a variety of documents and reports for various audiences.
- Effective verbal communication skills in both French and English with the ability to present information to senior management for decision-making purposes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong political acumen including the ability to manage confidential, controversial or politically sensitive material and situations in an appropriate manner.
- Knowledge of Manitoba’s Regulatory Accountability initiative.
- Knowledge of the principles of statutory and administrative law.
- Experience related to labour relations, collective bargaining or employment agreements.
The Senior Bilingual Legislation Analyst will be responsible for researching, analyzing, reviewing and making recommendations related to policies, regulations and statutes. The incumbent will prepare various materials such as drafting instructions, advisory notes, speaking notes, correspondence, Treasury Board and Cabinet Submissions, and other reports and briefing materials. The incumbent will represent the branch on various groups or committees and will coordinate and lead complex projects in collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
Advertisement # 37506
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications of this position.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source