Red River Mutual is a progressive insurance company with a focus on our customers and employees. We believe everyone has a right to feel safe and protected, and to know that someone is looking out for them. So, we treat our employees like family members – we’ll be honest with them, support them, offer a listening ear, admit when we’re wrong and be a positive force in their lives and in our communities.
As a member of the Analysis functional group, you will work with a wide range of stakeholders to gather and document business requirements and participate in solution design and support the delivery of quality software in a timely manner. This role operates within a small, highly collaborative team responsible for the delivery of new core functionality, enhancements, and defect fixes within the Guidewire InsuranceSuite platform and its integration systems.
This role is responsible for:
• Business Requirements Gathering & Solution Delivery
• Quality Assurance Support
• Process Improvements
• Production Ticket Investigation and Support
• Continuous Improvements
Business Requirements Gathering & Solution Delivery
• Gather requirements from business and IT stakeholders and prepare detailed documentation supporting the delivery of new core functionality, enhancements, defect fixes and process improvements.
• Review, contribute, collaborate, and provide guidance on solutions ensuring that those design solutions follow Guidewire’s best practice, meet the business requirements and are conformant to Guidewire OOTB.
• Communicate solutions to business requirements through the delivery of demos, prototypes, mock-ups and obtain business sign-off.
• Work with the onshore and offshore members of our MSA team to ensure overall quality of the delivered requirements.
• Participate in vendor discussions for clarification of questions and defect findings.
• Participate in the prioritization and triaging of defects based on criticality and risk.
• Work with the business stakeholders to ensure the completion of the Business Acceptance Testing and obtain the sign offs.
• Support the preparation of user documentation for all releases of software ensuring any changes to business workflow have been noted.
• Develop a strong general understanding of Guidewire InsuranceSuite applications, its integrations and in-depth knowledge of one or more of its functional centres.
• Support other Business Analysts as needed.
Quality Assurance Support
• Support the identification of test scenarios and test cases relative to business requirements.
• Support the Dev & QA team with test scripts and requirement clarification.
• Conduct reviews of the quality assurance work completed by the quality assurance group.
• Identify the new process flows and process enhancements required to implement the business requirements or close the solution gaps.
• Develop and maintain any necessary functional SOPs. (Standard Operating Procedures).
• Support Manager, Process and Business Analysis on the new process definitions, process reengineering and process implementation initiatives.
Production Ticket Investigation and Support
• Provide production support to business users.
• Complete root cause analysis to support the production ticket investigation.
• Recreate and document the recreation steps of defects presented by the business users as well as expected, corrected results.
• Suggest workarounds or immediate fixes to resolve the production issues.
• Work with IT leadership team to ensure permanent fixes for the production issues are delivered under a release.
• Maintain high level of knowledge on industry standards for business analysis process, tools, techniques, and best practices.
• Be adaptable in the application of practices, processes, and guidelines in a fluid environment.
• Work collaboratively, professionally, and effectively with the project team, the business stakeholders and vendor partners.
• Contribute to develop and maintain the analysis template library.
• Apply Lean values and practices in exercising the duties of this position. Activities are to be performed with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness and the protection and security of corporate information and assets.
• Demonstrated analytical, prioritization, evaluative, and creative problem-solving abilities in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in business and user-friendly language.
• Process driven with ability to document, maintain and adhere to standards, procedures, and processes.
• Adaptable and flexible to changing business needs and priorities.
• Experience coordinating a variety of tasks, such as prioritizing and planning work activities, setting appropriate deadlines to complete activities accordingly, and effectively managing time and resources while ensuring artifacts and deliverables meet business needs and are completed and signed off.
• Highly motivated work ethic and able to be self-directed to complete tasks.
• High attention to detail and quality standards.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in business and process analytics role.
• A certification in CBAP® (Certified Business Analysis Professional) is considered an asset.
• Proven experience working in Guidewire Centers.
• Certification with Guidewire is considered an asset.
• Proven experience with Systems Development Life Cycle, preferably in an Agile or Iterative environment.
• Experience in Jira, Rally, SharePoint and Teams is considered an asset.
• Certification and/or experience with Lean and/or Agile is desirable.
• Working knowledge and experience in the insurance industry is considered an asset.
• Experience in Change Management/Project Management is considered an asset.
View original article here Source