Senior Business Analyst
SS3 Statistical Analyst 3
Department of Health
Information Management and Analytics, Performance and Oversight
Advertisement Number: 40105
Salary(s): SS3 $71,491.00 – $86,717.00 per year
Closing Date: November 20, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Department of Health is currently seeking four (4) Senior Business Analysts to join the Provincial Information Management & Analytics (IMA) branch of its Performance and Oversight Division. IMA leads the Provincial Information and Analytics (PIMA) Shared Service and maintains its data repository.
The Business Analytics area is part of PIMA’s Performance Reporting & Analytics unit.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form along with your resume and cover letter. The application form will be the only tool used for screening. See below for further instructions.
Please send your resume and cover letter with your application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post-secondary degree in Statistics, Finance, Commerce, Computer Science, mathematics, Economics, or related disciplines. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more business data domains, such as human resources, accounting or financial data.
- Extensive experience developing business data-related indicators, cost-centre performance metrics, reports and dashboards.
- Experience constructing queries, interrogating business data, interpreting the results and documenting these in Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistency across the health care system.
- Experience with SQL querying languages and Business Intelligence (BI) tools.
- Experience using business data (e.g. financial, human resources, and supply chain data) to perform descriptive analytics.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to understand complex statistical concepts.
- Excellent written communication skills to develop narrative reports based on interpreted data; to be used to influence policy.
- Excellent verbal communication and consultative skills to determine analytical needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and client-service skills to facilitate collaboration; and build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of health data domains, such as acute care or continuing care.
- Experience with one or more business data domains, such as human resources, accounting or financial data in a health setting.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Analytics, the Senior Business Data Analysts develop and maintain standardized methodologies and approaches to business analytics and ensure consistency in the analysis of business data.
As a member of this team, the incumbents will:
- Perform data analytics, develop complex narrative reports and provide expert input into performance reports, dashboards and performance indicators;
- Develop, document and maintain standardized analytical methodologies, concepts and approaches to facilitate consistent analysis across the Provincial Data Repository and other IMA branch databases;
- Develop business data-related indicators, performance measures, reports and dashboards in collaboration with subject matter experts;
- Provide consultation to support internal and external analytical needs, including performing business analytics for customers with limited analytical resources.
Advertisement # 40105
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source