Senior Business Consultant
BA3 Senior Business Consultant
Department of Conservation and Climate
Process Improvement and Technology Unit, Finance and Shared Services
Advertisement Number: 37421
Salary(s): BA3 $70,584.00 – $89,686.00 per year
Closing Date: April 23, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Eligibility list may be established for similar regular and term positions through out the Province for up to 12 months.
Manitoba Conservation and Climate is looking for a qualified Senior Business Consultant to support the Process Improvement and Technology Unit within the Finance and Shared Services Division. Reporting to the Senior Manager, this position is responsible for the oversight of information technology (IT) and continuous improvement initiatives and engagements that create and maintain high quality services for Conservation and Climate.To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to work overtime when required
- Post-secondary education in the field of Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analysis/Business Information and Technology, or Project Management. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may also be considered
- Experience with lean and continuous improvement methodologies, and their application
- Experience leading business analysis engagements, developing business cases and documenting business requirements
- Strong leadership skills including experience leading teams responsible for highly complex technology or continuous improvement engagements, involving multiple processes, services, partners and/or stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, including presenting to a variety of audiences and senior management
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and work on multiple concurrent assignments to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills including the ability to think strategically
The Senior Business Consultant leads Department business areas in the identification and exploitation of opportunities to leverage IT; and enables business transformation and process improvement within individual work areas, and other Department cross functional, multi-work area teams, while ensuring successful delivery of all assigned projects by providing an expert leadership, advice, facilitation, and coordination with respect to business review engagements.
Advertisement # 37421
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION FORM (Please open via internet explorer)
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source