Senior Business Navigator
IC4 Economic Development Consultant 4
Department of Economic Development, Investment and Trade
Business Navigation , Economic Opportunities Navigation Division
Advertisement Number: 39111
Salary(s): IC4 $75,841.00 – $101,204.00 per year
Closing Date: May 8, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar regular, term or acting status opportunities and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Business Navigation Branch, within the Economic Opportunities Navigation Division, supports economic development in Manitoba, by providing a single-point of contact concierge service for businesses looking to open, expand, trade or invest in Manitoba. The branch is responsible for working internally across provincial departments and with economic development partners, to provide companies and stakeholders with relevant program and/or policy supports needed to address business needs in a one-stop approach to connecting with government. The branch also oversees development, coordination and implementation of enhanced service delivery models and technical solutions that support government’s economic development efforts, coordination and outreach with businesses and partners. The branch ensures a whole-of-government lens is applied to all activities to support strategic approaches to economic growth and investment attraction in Manitoba.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel nationally or internationally via motorized vehicle, airplane and/or train
- Must be able to work outside regular office hours, as required
- A post-secondary degree in public administration, social sciences, marketing, management or other discipline related to the position. A graduate degree is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience providing detailed analysis and advice to senior officials on complex, dynamic and time-sensitive issues with economic development considerations
- Experience leading projects from the design, research, and analysis stages to presentation and final recommendation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, foster collaboration and build partnerships between various government and external stakeholders
- Experience working in a team environment and providing direct or indirect supervision of team members, including ensuring quality of work through coaching
- Excellent written communication skills demonstrated through experience drafting briefing material, presentations, marketing materials or authority seeking documents
- Excellent verbal communication skills with experience presenting to senior leaders and/or stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage competing demands within tight timelines
- Experience working with businesses or economic development organizations on trade and investment opportunities
The Senior Business Navigator role is a key member of the Business Navigation Unit providing project management services for more complex projects requiring elevated levels of stakeholder and financial management, and political acumen. This position provides training, supervision and oversight of junior staff (as-required), and represents the Department, and at times government, in negotiations and discussions with external stakeholders to develop project plans, proposals, including creating requests for funding to support project initiatives.
Advertisement # 39111
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source