Senior Commissioning Analyst (2 positions)
PM3 Policy Analyst
Department of Health
Health Services Commissioning, Performance and Oversight
Advertisement Number: 39702
Salary(s): PM3 $65,288.00 – $82,064.00 per year
Closing Date: September 1, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Health Services Commissioning Branch is responsible for the development, coordination, execution, maintenance, and oversight of accountability for the Department’s commissioning agreements with Service Delivery Organizations and other funded Service Providers. This includes annual accountability agreements, accountability / commissioning letters, continuing service agreements, and service purchase agreements.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post secondary degree in Public Administration, Business, Law, Health Care Administration or Social Sciences (Economics, Political Science, or a related field). A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Experience researching, developing, evaluating, interpreting and communicating complex policies, procedures, legislation, regulations, contracts and agreements.
- Experience translating complex business / agreement requirements into formal documents and processes.
- Experience managing for results including setting performance expectations and accountability management.
- Experience conducting analysis and preparing briefing materials and decision making documents for a variety of audiences.
- Experience in project management, change management or any long-term planning principles and practices.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively deliver services in a high volume environment under tight deadlines.
- Strong political acumen to navigate sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of commissioning models and their application in the public/health sector.
Reporting to the Director of Commissioning, the Senior Commissioning Analyst is responsible for researching, analyzing, developing, implementing, evaluating and monitoring commissioning and accountability practices and programs at an advanced level to commission health services from Service Delivery Organizations and other service providers. This position ensures that commissioned agreements are developed to meet the department’s needs and manages oversight of the agreements for results and outcomes for the assigned portfolio.
Advertisement # 39702
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source