Our clients “Platform and Reliability Engineering” department exists to catalyze global platform change (They currently make 2000+ changes a week) while driving commercial availability. This is a technical environment, at an enterprise scale. Our customers are engineers (upwards of 1200), engineering leadership, business and product stakeholders – all distributed globally. Their microservice platforms require strong ownership from the Engineering teams, and this includes ownership of choice, design and support of their data stores.
This is where you come in – even though the engineering teams own their own data stores that back their features – This team engineers the tools and services to help them go faster while being super reliable. Be that moving data around the world, or tooling/services they’ve built to keep data secure, reliable, available, accurate and they are also designing and engineering the architecture and services that will make sure they can recover from a disaster should the need arise.
We are looking for diverse, curious individuals that above all enjoy solving problems with automation, tooling and technology. You should also have a strong understanding of how different database technologies work and strong software engineering skills. You don’t need to be able to fulfill all of the requirements, just articulate how your transferable skills can apply to this opportunity.
Our engineering teams deploy multiple changes to production every day. We are in a unique position to use our database knowledge and engineering skills, to engineer tools and services which can improve the team’s use of their data stores. We also help to provide insights and visualize performance impact or regressions throughout the software development lifecycle. We are the centre of excellence for all things data and provide expertise to the engineering teams through continuous guidance and consultancy. We use the breadth of AWS data technologies, so you’ll need to have an appetite to learn and get stuck into new tech.
We have a roadmap for our data management capability that we are delivering against, as well as BAU for our current services. Sometimes we have incidents that require remediation, and that’s where our expertise comes into play to ensure both a smooth and swift recovery and understanding the problem so that we can fold the mitigation into our services. We do own some legacy data stores that we are solely responsible for, but for everything else, we are the guru’s that give engineering teams the expertise they need when they need it.
No two days are ever the same, and there are always interesting technical problems to solve. The role involves liaising with key stakeholders and delivering high-quality technology products that are robust and resilient to failure.
Key Features of the Role
- You will be a trusted technical authority and specialist in one or more technical areas of your team. You’ll be someone the rest of the team and your Technology – Manager can turn to for engineering advice and guidance
- Collaborate with other product development teams and use their feedback as a basis for improvements to our products
- Embrace, champion and influence best practices for database safety and performance
- Automate every aspect of datastore management and provisioning
- Define and meet service level objectives for services in your care
- Collaborate with a wide variety of talented engineers to help them build reliable and scalable services
- Research and deploy best-in-class database technology as needs change
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong Amazon Web Services knowledge
- Strong understanding of at least two of the following database products: MySQL, SQL Server, DynamoDB, RDS (inc. Aurora), or other NoSQL
- The ability to orchestrate and automate complex data management tasks with object-oriented languages; (preferably Python and/or Java or C#)
- Experience working in a Continuous Delivery cycle
- Working with a microservices architecture
- Familiarity with distributed systems
- Aptitude to get up to speed with new technologies quickly
- Keen interest and ability to analyze systems for scalability and reliability
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good team communication skills
- Superior written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- A passion for providing excellent service to developers and external customers
What they give back to you:
Picture this: you, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a team of friendly and passionate colleagues. You feel pride knowing your input and uniqueness is not only embraced, but makes an impact on a major Canadian company, and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
Those mentioned above are just a taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, yet casual environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory
If you have any questions, please contact our resident Talent Acquisition Specialist – Marny Barnes or visit our Career Page for more opportunities! We are not able to hire (or sponsor) out-of-country applicants that do not have a current Permanent Resident Status or Work Visa.
Resolute Technology Solutions (https://www.resolutets.com/)
View original article here Source