Senior Financial Analyst
FI4 Financial Officer 4
Corporate and Strategic Services
Advertisement Number: 39757
Salary(s): FI4 $68,711.00 – $82,972.00 per year
Closing Date: September 9, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet the full qualifications may be considered for the position on an under fill basis with a developmental plan.
This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future full-time, part-time, term, acting or regular appointments, subject to staffing approval.
To be considered for this competition, candidates must submit an Application Screening Form, along with their resume, to the Public Service Commission by email (email@example.com), quoting 39757 and position title in the subject line. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this Application Screening Form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form.
CLICK HERE to access the application screening form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Internal Security Check
- Post secondary education in financial management or an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience with a focus on financial management.
- Financial accounting experience including financial planning, budgeting and expenditure monitoring, evaluation and control.
- Experience with variance reporting and financial forecasting.
- Experience with SAP or similar computerized accounting systems.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details and ensure accuracy of work.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with other departmental staff, internal and external government agencies.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures, including General Manual of Administration (GMA) and the Financial Administrative Manual (FAM)
- Knowledge of Manitoba Government and General Employees’ Union (MGEU), Manitoba Association of Crown Attorneys (MACA) and Legal Aid Lawyers’ Association (LALA) collective agreements.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Officer (SFO), the Senior Financial Analyst plays a key role, with the SFO and the Executive Financial Officer (EFO), in the development, coordination and assembly of the Department’s budgeting, cash flow forecasting, expenditure monitoring, evaluation and control, operational planning and reporting processes. This position is accountable for evaluating, analysing and compiling information required for the development and presentation of annual departmental expenditure estimates, special warrants, quarterly cash flows, variance analyses and preparation of management financial reports. The incumbent provides clarification and interpretation of financial instructions/guidelines and Treasury Board Directives to managers/financial analysts.
Advertisement # 39757
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source