Senior Financial Analyst
FI4 Financial Officer 4
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Finance & Administration
Advertisement Number: 36718
Salary(s): FI4 $65,042.00 – $78,527.00 per year
Closing Date: October 26, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created from this competition that would be effect for 12 months. Positions from the eligibility list could be term or regular, and be in other departments.
Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living (MHSAL) plays a key role in health policy, planning, funding, and oversight to ensure that service providers such as Regional Health Authorities, CancerCare Manitoba, Addictions Foundation of Manitoba, Shared Health and over 100 other service delivery organizations are enabled and accountable to provide economic, high quality services.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A professional CPA designation with current and active membership in CPA Manitoba and CPA Canada, or eligibility for membership. Applicants actively pursuing a CPA designation and nearing completion may be considered on an underfill basis.
- Work related experience with financial management activities, including planning, budgeting, and expenditure control.
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting standards, including applying the CICA Handbook and internal control concepts.
- Knowledge of complex financial and business management concepts and practices used to evaluate and analyze financial and operational performance.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills for forecasting, innovating and creative problem solving.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Strong written communication skills to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively deliver services in a high volume and tight deadline environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook).
- Experience using SAP to produce reports.
- Knowledge of the financial and administrative processes of central government.
- Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Standards.
Senior Financial Analysts support the department by providing leadership in the areas of corporate comptrollership, financial control, budgeting, and reporting. This leadership is demonstrated by providing comprehensive instructions, guidance, support and recommendations to branches within the department during the Estimates process, cash flow reporting, and year-end financial reporting. In carrying out these duties, Senior Financial Analysts are required to provide prompt and accurate support to Assistant Deputy Ministers, Executive Directors, Directors, and program managers in evaluating program proposals and in-year control and financial accountability of divisional/departmental resources, including expenditure monitoring, analysis, and forecasting mechanisms.
Senior Financial Analysts are required to be innovative and flexible in order to provide guidance on fiscal management practices, analysis, organizational development and strategic planning. Given the complexity and volume of work with tight deadlines, this work requires incumbents to be strong leaders and decision-makers with sound judgement and strong interpersonal skills.
A full position description is available upon request.
The Senior Financial Analyst position is classified at the Financial Officer 4 (FI4) level. In order to be appointed to the full working level, the incumbent is required to meet the full qualifications for the position. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered on an under fill basis up to and including the Financial Officer 3 (FI3) classification level (Salary: $59,179 to $71,038 per year). Candidates appointed on an under fill basis will be provided with training and development to meet the requirements to obtain this qualification.
Advertisement # 36718
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source