Senior Financial Officer, Analytical Services
FI7 Financial Officer 7
Analytical Serivces, Central Finance
Advertisement Number: 37779
Salary(s): FI7 $78,395.00 – $105,062.00 per year
Closing Date: June 26, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Central Finance Division is responsible for ensuring Manitoba Finance is operating in a manner that is transparent, controlled, and in line with government mandates and financial policies. Central Finance provides shared financial services and budget oversight for various
departments, including Finance, Executive Council, Civil Service Commission, Crown Services, Legislative and Public Affairs and Central Services. The division also provides centralized administrative functions related to accounts payable and payroll services for all of
government. Central Finance oversees the distribution and utilization of supported departments’ budgets and FTEs, and ensures a continuous and accurate flow of funds throughout the departments. Additionally, the Division is responsible for ensuring that Senior Leaders are equipped with the advice necessary for effective decision-making, and that Manitoba Finance and other departments effectively execute on government’s priorities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Financial Accounting. An equivalent combination of education and financial experience will be considered.
- Experience implementing and overseeing a comptrollership framework or another internal financial control process within an organization.
- Extensive experience with preparing and analyzing budgets and financial reports.
- Experience developing and implementing financial and administrative policies, procedures and directives.
- Experience supervising and leading a team of staff by providing direction and goals, and monitoring performance.
- Financial forecasting skills with the ability to estimate expenditures, and develop various options.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong political acumen skills with experience providing advice to senior leaders.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to influence and motivate staff in a transformation focused environment.
The Senior Financial Officer (SFO) is accountable for implementing the strategic financial plan and budget plan of the Assistant Deputy Minister/ Executive Financial Officer and the Executive Director. This includes but is not limited to the branch goals, productivity expectations, quality standards, as well as statutory requirements of the branch and comptrollership activities. The SFO is responsible for the oversight of finance and administration service delivery, and is essential in creating and maintaining Central Finance as the centre of excellence in these services across the public service.
Advertisement # 37779
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source