Senior Geotechnical Engineer
EG4 Engineer 4
Water Infrastructure, Technical Services and Operations
Advertisement Number: 36861
Salary(s): EG4 $82,915.00 – $105,346.00 per year
Closing Date: December 6, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
We are looking for a senior level geotechnical engineer that is ready to join our team, and begin a challenging and rewarding career building the future of Manitoba. Technical Services and Operations ensures safe and effective provincial water control infrastructure and structures, through the delivery of an overall management system that addresses the inspection, planning, design, maintenance, rehabilitation and construction activities. The Water Infrastructure Branch is responsible for the inspection, planning, and maintenance/rehabilitation of the provincial water conveyance and control infrastructure (including Dams, Dikes, Drains and Culverts, Diversion Structures, Pump Stations, and Gradient Control Structures). This diverse multi-disciplinary team including geotechnical, hydraulic and structural engineers, and environmental specialists work together for the delivery of a multi-million dollar Capital program. We offer comprehensive management training and coaching to help you prepare for one of the many possible opportunities for advancement in the Department. We provide competitive compensation that includes paid overtime, paid time off, comprehensive health and wellness benefits, insurance, a flexible workplace and more.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Civil or Geological preferred) and be registered (or be eligible for registration) as a Professional Engineer with Association of Engineers and Geoscientist Manitoba (EGM).
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Must be able to travel frequently to work sites within the province by ground and air transportation.
- Must be able to work occasional extended hours, and in an outdoor rough terrain environment.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Civil or Geological preferred) and be registered (or be eligible for registration) as a Professional Engineer with Association of Engineers and Geoscientist Manitoba (EGM).
- Extensive experience in geotechnical engineering with emphasis on planning, investigation, inspection, analysis and design for water and flood control structures (including dams, dikes, bridges and large culverts, pump station, and drains).
- Extensive project management experience in the delivery of projects from inception through design, and completion of construction.
- Extensive experience working with a diverse technical team (hydraulic, structural, hydro-geological and environmental) on civil projects.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to foster a climate that encourages creativity and innovation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and recommend alternate solutions.
- Ability to teach, orient and provide appropriate technical guidance to staff.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to prepare departmental correspondence or high level technical reports.
This is a senior level engineering position responsible for leading the geotechnical design group in Water Infrastructure. The incumbent will work on a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the delivery of projects on the Branch’s Capital and Preservation programs, as well as for unplanned emergency events and/or projects. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for coordination and management of projects from inception through to detailed design, and provide technical support during construction. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical expertise and guidance to Branch staff in the area of geotechnical engineering, and assign, oversee and perform geotechnical analysis and design.
Advertisement # 36861
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source