GR2 Gardener 2
Department of Central Services
Operations – District 2, Asset Management – Central Capital
Milner Ridge MB
Advertisement Number: 37555
Salary(s): GR2 $1,514.40 – $1,782.40 bi-weekly
Closing Date: June 17, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, the gardener is responsible for the maintenance of the grounds including lawns, trees, roadways, parking lots and sidewalks at Milner Ridge Correctional Centre to ensure client and public safety as well the appearance of the site.To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Click here to access Application Form
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Satisfactory Crimimal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position for extended periods of time (e.g. working alone, operating equipment, exposure to varied weather conditions, climbing ladders, vibrations, noise, dust, and wearing personal protective equipment).
- Experience in year round grounds maintenance, including snow removal and maintenance of lawns, trees, hedges, shrubs, flower garden at large commercial facilities.
- Knowledge of Safe work practices, procedures and safety regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with staff, operational managers, contractors/sub-contractors, and a diverse client base.
- Experience in operating and servicing grounds equipment including large grass mowers, tillers and snow removal equipment
- Experience supervising staff, including assigning and reviewing work of subordinates, providing coaching and leadership
- Ability to plan, organize and complete assigned tasks using effective time management skills.
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of client satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience operating large equipment (e.g. Front-End Loader, Skid-Steer, Aerial Lifts)
The incumbent will be responsible to operate and maintain front-end loaders, lawn tractors, lawn sweepers, rotor-tillers, mowers, snow blowers and other equipment as required to maintain roadways, parking areas, walkways, lawns and other landscaped areas in all seasons, including snow removal. The incumbent will also manage the SAP work order procurement as it relates to the grounds operation and supervises seasonal trades helpers, and students by assigning duties and checking work for completion. Additionally, the incumbent will perform duties in relation to lawn and garden care such as planting shrubs and flowers, seeding lawn, laying sod, etc. The incumbent will also respond to emergency situations and perfrom other tasks as assigned.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access application form
Advertisement # 37555
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source