P9 Professional Officer 9
Independent Investigation Unit, Community Safety Division
Advertisement Number: 37231
Salary(s): P9 $76,087.00 – $93,601.00 per year
Closing Date: March 29, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Check, Criminal Record Check, Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Ability to obtain and maintain Federal Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Manitoba Class 4 Driver’s License
- Be part of an on-call team, work extended hours as required and travel throughout Manitoba (at times with limited amenities)
- Ability to achieve and maintain annual qualification standards for issued firearm and defensive tools
- Extensive experience in conducting or managing major or complex investigations, including but not limited to criminal, statutory or other regulatory offences
- Experience in the use of digital recording, video capturing, or electronic case management tools
- Knowledge and understanding of the Police Services Act and Regulations in relation to civilian oversight in the Province of Manitoba
- Extensive experience working in a team environment
- Knowledge of investigative procedures including but not limited to conducting interviews, evidence collection or preparation of warrants or judicial authorizations
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Canadian Principles of Major Case Management
Reporting to the Team Commander of Independent Investigation Unit (IIU), the Senior Investigator is responsible for investigating assigned incidents under Part 7 of The Manitoba Police Services Act. The Senior Investigator interprets and applies provisions of Federal and Provincial Statues, The Police Services Act, as well as major case management practices in the investigation of incidents falling within the IIU’s mandate.
Advertisement # 37231
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source