This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
Senior Licensing Clerk
(6XF) Grade 6
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA)
Commercial Licensing Department
Advertisement Number: 37408
Salary(s): (6XF) $54,205.00 – $64,494.00 per year The LGCA has a comprehensive pay and benefits package.
Closing Date: April 21, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE POSITION
The Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) regulates the province’s liquor, gaming and cannabis industries. We license liquor sales, service and manufacturing; gaming employees, products and operations; and retail cannabis stores. We strive to serve the public interest by regulating these industries in a respectful, impartial and balanced manner. The LGCA is seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Commercial Licensing Department, which is part of the Operations Unit.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
The successful candidate must have:
- A diploma in business or office administration with 1-3 years of experience in a senior clerical or administrative role, preferably involving public sector and regulatory functions. A combination of education and experience may also be considered
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively convey information and requirements to applicants, and prepare correspondence
- Experience interpreting legislation, regulations, policies and regulatory requirements
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, clients and stakeholders
- Well-developed critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to review applications including complex information and make appropriate recommendations and decisions
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple work demands and competing deadlines
- Demonstrated political acumen with the ability to work with diverse clientele and business groups
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research, analyze documentation and gather information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and specialized databases (e.g. the Regulatory Management System)
The following qualifications are desired:
- Proficiency in French
- Familiar with business structures and corporate documentation
The Senior Licensing Clerk is responsible for preparing and forwarding licence application packages, directives, advertising forms and associated correspondence. They review and process licence applications, renewals, and amendments from applicants and licensees to ensure they are complete and meet the requirements of the LGCA’s licensing programs. The position follows up with applicants to ensure necessary documentation is submitted, and determines when an application may proceed in the process. The Senior Licensing Clerk is also responsible for tracking, receiving and coordinating documents and reports required for licensing from LGCA departments.
- An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months
- Applicants may be required to write a screening/selection exercise/test
- Circumstances may arise where the competition may need to be withdrawn
- A positive attendance record will be a consideration in the screening process
- Satisfactory work performance in the preceding 12 months is required
- A valid Manitoba driver’s licence, daily access to a motor vehicle and ability to travel are required
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check verified by fingerprints is a condition of employment, and a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract must be produced and maintained
The LGCA has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity leave top-up plan, family related leave and a defined benefit pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers). Training, educational support and career development opportunities are also available. Please quote your name and the advertisement number in the subject line of your email. Please submit your cover letter, resume and any other documents in PDF format. The LGCA does not accept .zip files or links to Google Docs, Dropbox or any cloud-based storage systems as a replacement for PDF documents.
Advertisement # 37408
Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority
Human Resource Services
1055 Milt Stegall Drive
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 0Z6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source